Elevation profiles can be displayed for a entire layer, or for an individual line feature.
When displaying an elevation profile for an entire layer, the chart will automatically display separate lines (with different colours) for each line (in a line layer) or for each track (for a track points layer, where the points have a ‘Track_UUID’ field). For other point layers or for individual features, the chart will display only a single line.
For point layers with a ‘Cumulative_Distance_m’ field, this will be used for the X (horizontal distance) values in the chart. For other layers, the horizontal distance between each point or vertex will be calculated on the fly each time the chart is rendered.
Display an Elevation Profile Chart for a Layer of a Feature
- Tap the Elevation Profile button
The Elevation Profile Chart view will appear.
Change Chart Style
The chart can be displayed with either cubic form (using cubic-interpolated curve between each chart point) or with linnear form (using straight lines between each point). It can also be displayed in either light mode or dark mode (initially the iPhones current mode will be used).
- Tap the Chart Style button in the Elevation Profile Chart view
- Select the option from the pop-up menu that includes the desired mode and form for viewing the chart
Share Chart as Image
- Tap the Share button in the chart view
- Follow the standard prompts to share an image of the chart via options displayed in the Sharing pane